From: Terry R. on
On 4/19/2010 7:09 AM On a whim, Doum pounded out on the keyboard

> =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gVg==?=<BrianV(a)discussions.microsoft.com> �crivait
>
>> Hi. When I open folder and organize it - Right-click the folder then
>> auto arrange icons and arrange by name: How do I make that the default
>> for all of Windows XP or Vista (64-bit)?
>>
>> Before, the XP OS did it for all the folders unless specified. Now I
>> have to do it for EVERY SINGLE folder I open. This is annoying.
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> George's answer applies to XP. In Windows7 and, I guess, Vista, "Folders
> Option" is located in the Control Panel.
>
> HTH

While organizing within a folder can be done in Win7, for some stupid
reason, MS decided to not allow position and size saving of a window.
You need this in order to bring it back:
http://www.techspikes.com/2010/01/make-7-remember-window-positions-shell-folder-fix/

Terry R.