From: Alex Untitled on
I want to create a program that asks you to guess a number between two
numbers. The problem is that I can't figure out how to make the numbers
that you're guessing between random and have the random number you are
guessing between those two numbers. Does anybody know how to do this?

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser on
Alex Untitled wrote:
> I want to create a program that asks you to guess a number between two
> numbers. The problem is that I can't figure out how to make the numbers
> that you're guessing between random and have the random number you are
> guessing between those two numbers. Does anybody know how to do this?

Well, you know how to generate the first two random numbers, right?
Just take the difference between those two as the range in which to
generate the third. Simple.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org

From: Alex Untitled on
Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
> Alex Untitled wrote:
>> I want to create a program that asks you to guess a number between two
>> numbers. The problem is that I can't figure out how to make the numbers
>> that you're guessing between random and have the random number you are
>> guessing between those two numbers. Does anybody know how to do this?
>
> Well, you know how to generate the first two random numbers, right?
> Just take the difference between those two as the range in which to
> generate the third. Simple.
>
> Best,
> --
> Marnen Laibow-Koser
> http://www.marnen.org
> marnen(a)marnen.org

So, would it be something like this?

num1 = rand(101)
num2 = rand(101)
num3 = num1 + num2

Anyway, thank you!

From: Tony Arcieri on

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Alex Untitled <somebodydc691n(a)gmail.com>wrote:

> I want to create a program that asks you to guess a number between two
> numbers. The problem is that I can't figure out how to make the numbers
> that you're guessing between random and have the random number you are
> guessing between those two numbers. Does anybody know how to do this?

first + rand(last + 1 - first)

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh/Nagravision

From: Alex Untitled on
OK, that didn't work. That just added the two numbers. How do I make a
number between two numbers again? I can't seem to find it.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Customized GUI
Next: bsearch.rb