From: lounginghound on
I want to have a flow chart appear in a sequence. During the sequence I want
a text box with some bullet points to appear and then disappear (either timed
or via mouse clicks). This is to enable the new part of the chart to have
some extra explanation without crowding the main slide with lots of small
text.
From: David Marcovitz on
On 3/21/10 11:47 PM, lounginghound wrote:
> I want to have a flow chart appear in a sequence. During the sequence I want
> a text box with some bullet points to appear and then disappear (either timed
> or via mouse clicks). This is to enable the new part of the chart to have
> some extra explanation without crowding the main slide with lots of small
> text.

The feature you want is called custom animation. To get the effect you
want to work exactly right will take a little bit of playing, but it is
definitely something PowerPoint can do easily (assuming you are talking
about version 2002 or later). You will want to apply both Entrance and
Exit effects to your shapes. Start by right-clicking on the first shape
you want to have animated and choosing Custom Animation. Then add an
entrance effect. Keep going with the shapes in order, adding entrance or
exit effects as needed. The hardest part will be with the text box. Play
with the settings and ask a specific question as you run into
difficulty. When you come back with a specific question, be sure to
mention which version of PowerPoint you are using.
--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/