From: DavidSherwood on
If I convert the date to string in a query, it won't sort properly
From: Bob Barrows on
DavidSherwood wrote:
> If I convert the date to string in a query, it won't sort properly
Your problem stems from using the Query Builder to display results to users.
That is not what the tool was designed for. You should be displaying query
results to the user in a report or form where you have complete control over
how the data is formatted for display. The Query B uilder is for designing
and testing queries - it is n ot intended to be an enduser interface.
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"

From: DavidSherwood on

Reports are static paper like results. Queries let the user inter-react:
filter, sort re-arrange columns. Of course queries are for end users.
From: Bob Barrows on
DavidSherwood wrote:
> Reports are static paper like results. Queries let the user
> inter-react: filter, sort re-arrange columns. Of course queries are
> for end users.

You definitely have the wrong idea about reports. But carry on.

From: KARL DEWEY on
Use the string for viewing and the actual date for sorting but uncheck the
'Show' box.
--
Build a little, test a little.