From: DavidSherwood on
I have a date with format 'yyyy mmmm'. I would like it left justified. The
help says I can use ! but when I type '!yyyy mmmm', Access changes it to
'!"yyyy mmmm"'. When I type 'yyyy mmmm!', the "!" is displayed with the date.
From: KARL DEWEY on
Where are you viewing the date? Have you tried to set the Text Align
property to Left?

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Marshall Barton on
DavidSherwood wrote:

>I have a date with format 'yyyy mmmm'. I would like it left justified. The
>help says I can use ! but when I type '!yyyy mmmm', Access changes it to
>'!"yyyy mmmm"'. When I type 'yyyy mmmm!', the "!" is displayed with the date.

I think that's a bug in how Access "optimizes" the format
codes. Use the Text Align property instead.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: DavidSherwood on
Ok, I see Text Align property in table definition. I changed it there and
when I just display the table, it works. But I have Queries over this table
that still right justify and there is no text align property at the query
level.
From: KARL DEWEY on
Text Align in the table does no good, you have to align where you are
displaying the data.
>>there is no text align property at the query level.
If you will be viewing the query results it means that you would not be
using the data for further processing so if you format it the results is a
string (text) and will be left aligned.

--
Build a little, test a little.