From: gagecres on
I have a report where I use a text box to enter a phone number that the user
has entered on the main form. Currently, I have my verbiage with the phone
number text box right next to it. For example, "I can be reached at:" [Phone
Number]. When I do this the phone number is in the format I would expect,
(123)456-7890. I made a change to the line so that the entire line is in the
same text box. For example, ="discuss this further, I can be reached at: " &
[Investor Phone] & "." When I do this the phone number appears like so,
1234567890. Is there a way I can enter this line into the text box so that
the phone number has the parenthesis and dash , i.e. (123)456-7890?
From: Petr Danes on
If you always have all ten digits, something like this might work:

="discuss this further, I can be reached at: " & Format$([Investor
Phone],"(###)###-####")

Pete

From: gagecres on
I keep getting a syntax error.

From: Marshall Barton on
gagecres wrote:

>I have a report where I use a text box to enter a phone number that the user
>has entered on the main form. Currently, I have my verbiage with the phone
>number text box right next to it. For example, "I can be reached at:" [Phone
>Number]. When I do this the phone number is in the format I would expect,
>(123)456-7890. I made a change to the line so that the entire line is in the
>same text box. For example, ="discuss this further, I can be reached at: " &
>[Investor Phone] & "." When I do this the phone number appears like so,
>1234567890. Is there a way I can enter this line into the text box so that
>the phone number has the parenthesis and dash , i.e. (123)456-7890?

Assuming the phone number field in the table is a Text
field:

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: fredg on
On Tue, 4 May 2010 14:47:01 -0700, gagecres wrote:

> I keep getting a syntax error.
>
> "Petr Danes" wrote:
>
>> If you always have all ten digits, something like this might work:
>>
>> ="discuss this further, I can be reached at: " & Format$([Investor
>> Phone],"(###)###-####")
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> "gagecres" <gagecres(a)discussions.microsoft.com> p�e v diskusn�m p��sp�vku
>>>I have a report where I use a text box to enter a phone number that the
>>>user
>>> has entered on the main form. Currently, I have my verbiage with the
>>> phone
>>> number text box right next to it. For example, "I can be reached at:"
>>> [Phone
>>> Number]. When I do this the phone number is in the format I would expect,
>>> (123)456-7890. I made a change to the line so that the entire line is in
>>> the
>>> same text box. For example, ="discuss this further, I can be reached at:
>>> " &
>>> [Investor Phone] & "." When I do this the phone number appears like so,
>>> 1234567890. Is there a way I can enter this line into the text box so
>>> that
>>> the phone number has the parenthesis and dash , i.e. (123)456-7890?
>>
>> .

Did you check for improper word wrap?
You'll have to post your exact expression by copying it and pasting it
into a reply message..
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.