From: Accountant on
I make many financial reports and I am having trouble making the percentages
work properly on group total lines. The totals sum up many detail lines and
work fine, but since you can't add the percentages from the detail lines, it
won't work. The detail lines have a percentage and work correctly. I have
been using an average formula currently of the group lines, but you can't
take an average of an average either. But it gets me closer. Does anyone have
a simple solution for a relative intermediate user? Thanks.

Account Name Budget Expense Balance
Percentage
Account 1 $100 $25 $75
25%
Account 2 $200 $100 $100
50%

Total $300 $125 $175
42% **

**the problem
From: Accountant on

From: Duane Hookom on
Aren't you looking for a simple:
=Sum(Expense)/Sum(Budget)

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Accountant on
That seems to work. I thought it had to be simple, but I couldn't get the
exact syntax. Thanks.