From: Tom on
Whoever helps me find a solution to this is pretty darn smart.

I thought this would be a piece of cake but realize now it's harder than it
seems even though it should not.

I made a beautiful letterhead for my company but have it in Jpeg

So I decided to write a contract on it with word and paste the letterhead as
a background

I did some searching on how to do this, because as usual, the most simple
and obvious option of doing something was not apparent in a Microsoft program
:(

I tried adding it as a watermark, but you only have options of
50-100-150-200 and 500% and none worked (Again no obvious available option
here to include a manual setting or 75% which might have worked), besides
that i do not want a faded looking picture using this option.

So than i did more research and found an option to add a picture through
page colors option which is next to the watermark option.

I went there (Word/Page Layout/Page Color/Fill Effects/Picture) and clicked
on fill effects than inserted a picture

It went in perfectly so i was very happy, I did print preview it showed
exactly what i wanted to print, I was also able to type on it which is what I
need to do.

But than i printed it and it came out Tiled, why?

All i simply want to do, for the love of God, is take this letterhead Jpeg
that I have and paste it on a word file and write a contract and print it

With 1 billion options why cant this simple thing be done

I was told to visit this page
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=8753&st=1 as well as
this page http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051899221033.aspx

I also found these 2 poor souls who had the same problem but never got an
answer to it:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090212093456AAohO6X

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3673252.php

Can someone please help me figure this out?
From: Tom on
Additional information:

I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home premium edition

Using office Word 2007

And my printer is an HP Officejet J4500 All-in-One series
From: Bob I on
Perhaps just place it in the header and stretch to fit the page?

From: Donahoo on
Tom wrote:
> Whoever helps me find a solution to this is pretty darn smart.
>
> I thought this would be a piece of cake but realize now it's harder than it
> seems even though it should not.
>
> I made a beautiful letterhead for my company but have it in Jpeg
>
> So I decided to write a contract on it with word and paste the letterhead as
> a background
>
> I did some searching on how to do this, because as usual, the most simple
> and obvious option of doing something was not apparent in a Microsoft program
> :(
>
> I tried adding it as a watermark, but you only have options of
> 50-100-150-200 and 500% and none worked (Again no obvious available option
> here to include a manual setting or 75% which might have worked), besides
> that i do not want a faded looking picture using this option.
>
> So than i did more research and found an option to add a picture through
> page colors option which is next to the watermark option.
>
> I went there (Word/Page Layout/Page Color/Fill Effects/Picture) and clicked
> on fill effects than inserted a picture
>
> It went in perfectly so i was very happy, I did print preview it showed
> exactly what i wanted to print, I was also able to type on it which is what I
> need to do.
>
> But than i printed it and it came out Tiled, why?
>
> All i simply want to do, for the love of God, is take this letterhead Jpeg
> that I have and paste it on a word file and write a contract and print it
>
> With 1 billion options why cant this simple thing be done
>
> I was told to visit this page
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=8753&st=1 as well as
> this page http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051899221033.aspx
>
> I also found these 2 poor souls who had the same problem but never got an
> answer to it:
>
> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090212093456AAohO6X
>
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3673252.php
>
> Can someone please help me figure this out?

It's not hard; you made it hard. You needed to just look at the options
in the program and not searching the web for it. It's right there on the
insert tab on the ribbon, Insert>>Picture>>navigate to the image you
want to insert, then move it to the position you want it in. It's that
simple.

A watermark IS a faded image that shows under the text. When you
inserted it as a fill, that's what it did, it filled the page.