From: undisclosed on

Once you make the change via the explorer shell, you have to edit the
registry setting to revert it back to the way it was. This is per a MS
article, not just me.

This is the key name you need to go to to remove the "%1"

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.8\shell\New\command

By the way, if you didn't use the quotes in the command line you'll get
"file not found errors."

--
Eric Piercey