From: David DC David on
Thanks for the tip, it left the first page number off as stated. Is there a
way to remove the second page number also, so page number 3 begins the number
dispalayed but still counts all the pages within the document? e.g. page 3
begins with 3 and pages 1 & 2 are blank.

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
Did you try { IF { PAGE } > 2 { PAGE } }?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Jing Jing on
Yes. The easier to way to do is to first uncheck "different first page", and
then use page break/ section break. After having the first number on both the
cover page and first page, you choose to click enable/ check "different first
page", so you can remove the number on the cover page and keep the first
number on your first page.

Hopefully, this is clear enough. I did it by using this way. :)
From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
Why in the world would you go to that much trouble when "Different first
page" already achieves what you want?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)