From: Eli Y. Kling on
Hi,

I suppose this is a very very common question. All I have on my pc is
Enterprise Guide which is configured to work with a remote sas server
(UNIX).

I want to be able to load (not manually) and save local csv files and
inputs and outputs for my sas jobs.

I know that had I had the luxury of a local sas/Base I would have no
problem. The option of mapping the UNIX to the windows environment is
not to be even mentioned for fear of the IT anger.

I am particularly interested in the export part. Say I run my EG
project and want the results to land in a local folder in csv format.

Any ideas/ suggestions?

With regard,

Eli
From: Patrick on
Hi Eli

What would work is writing the output to a network drive. This drive
would have to be accessible with both your UNIX credentials and your
Windows credentials.

In your SAS code running under Unix you would have a filename to this
network drive (possibly using a UNC path) - on your Windows PC you
could map the network drive.

Ask your UNIX admin which network drive he/she would suggest you to
use (may be one is even mounted ("mapped") on the Unix box).

HTH
Patrick
From: Eli Y. Kling on
Hi Patrick,

It was hell to get that going at previous project I work on. At this
particular organization it is not an option.

Eli