From: Niuniumtl on
I imported several ppt files into one big presentation and found out there're
duplicates here and there. I'm wondering if there's a easier way in
PowerPoint to identify the duplicates and delete them than going through and
delete them individually?
My system: XP, Office xp; Windows 7, Office 2007.

Thanks!
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <A7D8B7AE-BB8E-44FC-A2C7-DA87E554CEEB(a)microsoft.com>, Niuniumtl
wrote:
> I imported several ppt files into one big presentation and found out there're
> duplicates here and there. I'm wondering if there's a easier way in
> PowerPoint to identify the duplicates and delete them than going through and
> delete them individually?
> My system: XP, Office xp; Windows 7, Office 2007.

None that I'm aware of. If you're handy with VBA, you might be able to write
something that speeds up the process for your particular set of slides, but in
the general case, it'd be difficult. Suppose you had two slides, each with five
shapes, all the shapes have the same names and same shape types. Everything you
can think of to check matches, except that one of the shapes is a fraction of an
inch to the right of where it is on the other shape.

Duplicate or deliberate change? ;-)

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint