From: Nath on
I run all connection tests and seem connected to the server correctly. My
service provider suggests its Microsoft Outlook software.

I get this error message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown
error. If the problem persists restart outlook."

Restarting does not solve the problem. Has anyone encountered this?
From: David Webb on

"Nath" <Nath(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I run all connection tests and seem connected to the server correctly. My
> service provider suggests its Microsoft Outlook software.
>
> I get this error message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown
> error. If the problem persists restart outlook."
>
> Restarting does not solve the problem. Has anyone encountered this?

Try this link:

How to repair Outlook folders using the Inbox Repair Tool
http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/outlook/repair.html

If still no joy, try Detect and Repair. Can be found on Help (any Office app).

--
Google is your friend.....

From: neo on
You could try doing a detect/repair (or reinstall of Office) via the
add/remove programs applet in the control panel.

You could try starting Outlook in safe mode.

How to:
Start | Run | type: outlook.exe /safe | OK button

Other than that, is your installation of Windows/Office/Outlook new or an
upgrade? Did you migrate settings over from an old computer to a new setup?
..etc