From: SK on
Outlook 2003 starts up very slowly (3 or more minutes) only at the first
Outlook startup after turning on my windows xp pc. If Outlook is closed then
reopened without restarting the pc, it only takes a couple of seconds to
startup which seems pretty normal. What could I do to fix the problem so
that Outlook would start up normally whenever the pc is started? Thanks so
much.

From: neo on
The lengthy startup sounds like Outlook is verifying the integrity of your
PST file(s). It only does this when Outlook doesn't shutdown properly when
the OS shuts down or logging off the system. To verify next time, close
Outlook and then check the process tab on the task manager to make sure
Outlook isn't listed. Then shut your pc down.

If Outlook is getting stuck in the process list when your ready to shutdown
the OS, then you have to figure out what 3rd party thing you have installed
that isn't allowing Outlook to close properly. There isn't any perfect
suggestion on what it could be as it could range from anything from 3rd
party security (antivirus/antispam) software to something simple as fax or
mobile phone software that sync/use Outlook data.

From: SK on
Thanks but that didn't make any difference. I have been searching some time
without finding and answer. Heck.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Thanks but that didn't make any difference. I have been searching some time
> without finding and answer. Heck.

Do you have any mapped network drives configured?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: SK on
No network drives mapped.