From: SteveG on
In the middle of the day, I found my inbox all jumbled. Resurected the
columns but have not gotten back the functionality of new messages appearing
in bold type.

This is not a problem in other mailbox directories I have setup.
From: Kathleen Orland on
Open Outlook with the /cleanviews switch:

Start > Run > outlook.exe /cleanviews
(note the space between outlook.exe and /cleanviews)

Vista or Windows 7

Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /cleanviews
(same space)