From: Global10 on
I need to permanently save a header and it will never save once I open up a
new file. Any suggestions?
From: Tom-S on
Try a look in the Excel Help under 'Create a Template'. Saving the header in
the template should mean each time you open that template the header will be
there.

Regards,

Tom

From: Gord Dibben on
Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish including your print
settings.........group the sheets before setup so's all sheets get same
Header setup.

File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name
your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as
BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for File>New or the Toolbar button
File>New or CTRL + n

WARNING for Excel 2003................Do not use File>New...Blank Workbook
or you will get the Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default Insert>Sheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Instructions are for Excel 2003 and earlier.

2007 is similar except you would save as BOOK.xltx

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP