From: Judi on
Sometimes when I'm typing an e-mail I must inadvertently hit some combination
fo keys that instigates overstrike feature. Instead of inserting characters,
my typing gobbles up whatever is after it. In Word it's a key on the bottom
of the page; can't figure out how to disable in Outlook. Microsoft "help" is
no help.

From: dlw on
try pressing the Ins (insert) key. That toggles between insert and overwrite.