From: June on
I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Excel
2003. Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without breaking
them.
From: mcescher on
On Apr 21, 2:06 pm, June <J...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Excel
> 2003.  Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without breaking
> them.

After making a copy of your workbook, try to search and replace ".xls"
with ".xlms"

Hope this helps,
Chris M.
From: Duke Carey on
It's not clear what you've converted. Is it fair to assume you have already
converted some xls files to xlsm files, but you have sheets/books that now
refer to the old and nonexistent xls file?

One a COPY of your book with the broken links you could do a search for the
old filename and replace with the new. Use Ctrl-H to bring up the dialog
box, and be sure to expand the Options and select Within workbook