From: Juli on
I'm attempting to set tabs in an Outlook message. I'm unable to find how to
view the ruler in order to set the tabs. I believe it used to be in the View
drop down menu, but it's no longer there.
From: Slipstick on

Juli wrote:
> I'm attempting to set tabs in an Outlook message. I'm unable to find how
> view the ruler in order to set the tabs. I believe it used to be in the
> View
> drop down menu, but it's no longer there.

What version of Outlook?

Are you using Word as your editor? If so, click the little ruler icon
on the right of the compose form.

106

|Filename: rules_002.png |
|Download: http://www.outlookforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106|

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=46168

http://www.outlookforums.com

From: VanguardLH on
Juli wrote:

> I'm attempting to set tabs in an Outlook message. I'm unable to find how to
> view the ruler in order to set the tabs. I believe it used to be in the View
> drop down menu, but it's no longer there.

Not an Outlook issue since the ruler is a feature of Word.

Outlook's embedded new-mail editor does not have a ruler. Word has a
ruler. To use Word, you need to select Word as the new-mail editor (in
Outlook 2007, you're stuck using Word 2007).

In Word's e-mail template, the View -> Ruler menu entry is disabled
until you change focus to the body of the e-mail (since the ruler has no
meaning elsewhere).

Mentioning WHICH version of Outlook that you use can let respondents
help you that know or use that particular version.
From: Bob I on
The ruler is activated by clicking the "View ruler" button in the upper
right corner of the message pane.

From: Bob I on

VanguardLH wrote:

> Juli wrote:
>

>>I'm attempting to set tabs in an Outlook message. I'm unable to find how to
>>view the ruler in order to set the tabs. I believe it used to be in the View
>>drop down menu, but it's no longer there.
>

> Not an Outlook issue since the ruler is a feature of Word.
>
> Outlook's embedded new-mail editor does not have a ruler. Word has a
> ruler. To use Word, you need to select Word as the new-mail editor (in
> Outlook 2007, you're stuck using Word 2007).
>
> In Word's e-mail template, the View -> Ruler menu entry is disabled
> until you change focus to the body of the e-mail (since the ruler has no
> meaning elsewhere).
>
> Mentioning WHICH version of Outlook that you use can let respondents
> help you that know or use that particular version.

In 2007 the ruler is activated by clicking the "View ruler" button in
the upper right corner of the message pane.