From: Matthew G Matthew on
What's the way to write in Excel "if cell A1 has a numeric value" or "if a
cell AI is not null"?

I'm using Excel 2007, and I'd like to make a formula that begins with that
condition, and goes on to have a string of other embedded functions. Thanks
in advance.
From: Don Guillett on

try
=IF(AND(LEN(TRIM(a1))>0,ISNUMBER(a1)),1,2)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

From: Pete_UK on
Try these:

=IF(ISNUMBER(A1), ...

=IF(A1<>"", ...

Hope this helps.

Pete

From: Matthew G on
Your help provided my solution. Thanks. Do you know where can I find a list
of those terms?

From: Pete_UK on
You're welcome, Matthew - thanks for feeding back.

You can find more details about ISNUMBER (and other IS functions) in
Excel Help.

Pete