From: VanguardLH on
DAubin wrote:

> So I have a little hope (at least) that my particular problem can be
> corrected, ...

Especially since you attempt to hijack an old thread instead of starting
your own NEW thread that details YOUR setup and YOUR problem.

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation. Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface, like Microsoft's Communities or
Google Groups or a forum-to-Usenet proxy, those are gateways to Usenet.
Despite the appearance of a forum, you are participating in a newsgroup
(Usenet).

How to post to newsgroups:
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).

Bye.
From: Jon B. Jon on

From: Jon B. on
TO: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Care to restate the problem?

In OutLook 2007, images in some messages show up as a box with a red x in
the upper left corner, with the immage that should be displayed being held as
an attachment. Telling 1,000 email senders to send in RTF or HTML is not a
practical option! Are there security settings in IE that can resolve this
issue as Kathy suggested? If so, what settings need to be changed?
From: Jon B. on

From: Brian Tillman on

Jon B.;117705 Wrote:
> I use OutLook 2007, but it also occurred in OutLook 2003. I would like
> the embedded photo's to be displayed inline with the text in the body of
> an opened message just as the sender created them, even if the message
> is not sent in RFT or HTML format.

If the sender embeds the images in the body of the message, you will
see them in the body, even in the Reading Pane. The message MUST be
HTML or Rich Text for that to happen. If they attached the images or
the message in in Plain Text, there's nothing you can do to see them in
the Reading Pane except one at a time using the Preview feature.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com