From: Steve Johnson Steve on
My Outlook worked fine until about two months ago. Then all of a sudden
embedded pictures (not attached pictures) were no longer viewable. When I
right click on where the picture should be, the only option offered is COPY.

I read all of these posts and many more on the web. It's like Microsoft's
attitude is just "oh well, it's your fault you use our product". If
Microsoft doesn't read these posts and/or other comments on the web, they
should. And then they should do something about it. Pick up a telephone,
call a customer, try to understand the issue that so many people post a
complaint about.

I have a solution that I will happily share with future readers. This is my
last Windows based computer and Microsoft Office Suite / Email product. I
have had it up to my eyeballs and have finally comitted to switch to the far
superior Apple product. I don't feel like I will be giving anything up,
other than system crashes and defective software.

Thanks for nothing to Bill and the folks at Microsoft.

From: Brian Tillman on

Steve Johnson;112911 Wrote:
> My Outlook worked fine until about two months ago. Then all of a
> sudden
> embedded pictures (not attached pictures) were no longer viewable.
> When I
> right click on where the picture should be, the only option offered is
> COPY.

I'd try emptying the Outlook Secure Temp folder and the Temporary
Internet Files folder. See this for the former:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/products/outlooktempcleaner.htm

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Aimee on
I just got a new computer and am running Office 2007. My emails are not
coming through with pictures even though I have gone into the security tab of
the options and deselected the option. I do have AVG on the computer. Can
anyone tell me if it has been determined to be the problem?

From: Brian Tillman on

Aimee;114584 Wrote:
> I just got a new computer and am running Office 2007. My emails are
> not
> coming through with pictures even though I have gone into the security
> tab of
> the options and deselected the option. I do have AVG on the computer.
> Can
> anyone tell me if it has been determined to be the problem?

What do you see instead? Do you see a box containing a red X or do you
just see white space where a picture could be?

If you have AVG configured to scan incoming messages, it could
interfere. Uninstall AVG and reinstall it without the mail scanning
feature.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: DAubin on
I agree 110%. This is ridiculous. My problem is that I was seeing the
pictures, then I did something to save some pix I was sent within an email,
and now I just have blank boxes where my pictures would be and I cannot
retrace and correct what I did!!!!! Even the logo in my signature is a blank
box!!
So I have a little hope (at least) that my particular problem can be
corrected, but going to the ironically-named "Trust Center" and following
those directions does NOT seem to work. PLEASE - any suggestions?!