From: Llelan D. on
Flash has two toolbars (not the panels) called Main and Edit available from the
[i]Windows | Toolbars[/i] menu. The silly things only appear as free-floating
windows, with a full window title-bar and non-resizable frame around a set of
toolbar buttons. No matter where you move the toolbar window, no docking
highlights ever appear. This makes the Main toolbar virtually useless since
that full-sized title bar is in the way no matter where you put it.

Does anyone know how to properly dock these toolbars, or if they can be
docked? I've found no docs that address them. The only reference I've found is
in the Flash help pages, a page titled "Using the Stage and Tools panel " in
the workspace chapter, the section titled "About the main toolbar and edit
bar". Unfortunately, the text only talks about the menu bar and not the Main
toolbar.

From: Walter Elias on
In CS4 the Edit bar is dockable, and is docked by default, but the Main and
Controller can't be docked, unlike in previous versions. Yet another of the
numerous bugs in Flash CS4 which all the wise and wonderful developers and beta
testers never noticed. Look for these issues to most likely be fixed in two
years with the release of CS5.

If your Edit bar isn't docked at the top of the Stage, then try to reset your
workspace (the drop-down list at the top right of the screen).

The only workaround for the Main and Controller toolbars is to place them in a
corner at the top of the screen and save a custom layout. At least then they'll
then remain in a consistent place each time you start the program.

From: Llelan D. on
Oops! You're right, the Edit toolbar and Edit bar are one and the same, and is
docked by default. I had meant the Main and Controller toolbars.

<sigh> That Main toolbar would be really convenient if it could be docked
properly. I would hope a fix for that becomes available soon as a CS4 update.
<not holding my breath>

Thanks for the info!