From: Dennis on
Hi,

I using Access' active x calendar control in Access within XP Office pro.

The code is working fine, but how do I escape from the calendar if I
accidently click on my date field?

My code is setup to dispaly the calendar control when I click on the date
field. When I click on a date on the calendar, I get the date, assign it to
my field, make the calendar invisible, and set focus on my date field.

My question is, how do I exist the calendar if I click on the date field by
mistake. I tryed to check for the Escape key in the KeyDown event for the
Calendar, the KeyDown event does not appeared to be called for the Calendar
control. (I put a break point in the code and the break code did not
execute.)

I did notice that I can click on a non-date area of the calendar the
calendar will close.

Is there a way to use the Escape key to close the calendar? ( I've trained
the users they can use the Escape key to exit out of fields if the have to.)

Or is the a better way to exit out of a calendar active x control?

Thanks,

Dennis
--
Dennis
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
The ActiveX calendar has been deprecated starting with Access 2010 due out
later this year. There are a number of substitutions which don't require
ActiveX at all. My solution, which has worked (with conversion) in every
version of Access since I wrote it 16 years ago, is a form. You can simply
close it if you need to escape:

http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Calendar2K.zip
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Dennis on
Arvin,

Thanks, I've download your programs and will be converting to them.

--
Dennis