From: WLS on
I would switch completely from Firefox if this worked.

I had no problems with tab position in Firefox 3.6.3 BTW.

--
openSUSE 11.2x86_64 (Gnome 2.28.2) | AMD Athlon(tm) 64 3000+ | 2GB RAM
From: Vahis on
On 2010-04-18, WLS <rafter22(a)verizonREMOVE.net> wrote:
> I would switch completely from Firefox if this worked.

Why is Chrome so great?

> I had no problems with tab position in Firefox 3.6.3 BTW.

I'm not having probs either anymore.
I was able to put the newly opened tab where I like it to be.

It was just what I thought; I was not clever enough to discover it :)

Vahis
--
http://waxborg.servepics.com
openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 5 (x86_64) 2.6.34-rc3-3-default
From: WLS on
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:00:23 +0000, Vahis wrote:

> On 2010-04-18, WLS <rafter22(a)verizonREMOVE.net> wrote:
>> I would switch completely from Firefox if this worked.
>
> Why is Chrome so great?
>>
>> I had no problems with tab position in Firefox 3.6.3 BTW.
>
> I'm not having probs either anymore.
> I was able to put the newly opened tab where I like it to be.
>
> It was just what I thought; I was not clever enough to discover it :)
>
> Vahis

Well, not saying Chrome is great, just works the way I want.

Trivial items actually as I don't really need my local weather on every
news site I can configure it on to appear.

However, in Chrome and Seamonkey I can configure the USA Today, MSNBC,
Fox News and CNN to appear the way I want without joining the sites.

Fox News and CNN are the only ones that I can configure with local data
in Firefox.

All cookies are accepted in each browser configuration.

Then there is the issue of extensions and Add-ons not being compatible
almost every time you upgrade Firefox (Thunderbird and Seamonkey also).

Basically except for Java, Chrome just works, even though there seems to
be an update every other day. LOL!

--
openSUSE 11.2x86_64 (Gnome 2.28.2) | AMD Athlon(tm) 64 3000+ | 2GB RAM
From: WLS on
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:12:57 -0500, WLS wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:00:23 +0000, Vahis wrote:
>
>> On 2010-04-18, WLS <rafter22(a)verizonREMOVE.net> wrote:
>>> I would switch completely from Firefox if this worked.
>>
>> Why is Chrome so great?
>>>
>>> I had no problems with tab position in Firefox 3.6.3 BTW.
>>
>> I'm not having probs either anymore.
>> I was able to put the newly opened tab where I like it to be.
>>
>> It was just what I thought; I was not clever enough to discover it :)
>>
>> Vahis
>
> Well, not saying Chrome is great, just works the way I want.
>
> Trivial items actually as I don't really need my local weather on every
> news site I can configure it on to appear.
>
> However, in Chrome and Seamonkey I can configure the USA Today, MSNBC,
> Fox News and CNN to appear the way I want without joining the sites.
>
> Fox News and CNN are the only ones that I can configure with local data
> in Firefox.
>
> All cookies are accepted in each browser configuration.
>
> Then there is the issue of extensions and Add-ons not being compatible
> almost every time you upgrade Firefox (Thunderbird and Seamonkey also).
>
> Basically except for Java, Chrome just works, even though there seems to
> be an update every other day. LOL!

Forgot to mention that before I upgraded Firefox to Version 3.6.3, I
couldn't access my Yahoo mail account. Every time I tried I would get a
page telling me that Firefox Version 3.6 was available and to upgrade, so
I used Chrome to read my Yahoo mail.

--
openSUSE 11.2x86_64 (Gnome 2.28.2) | AMD Athlon(tm) 64 3000+ | 2GB RAM
From: Christoph Schmees on
WLS schrieb:

> Well, not saying Chrome is great, just works the way I want.

you know that there is a variety of chrome which protects your privacy from googles greed for data? It is named IRON and you find it here http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1031 for linux.

Christoph

--
email:
nurfuerspam -> gmx