From: msmoore on
Hello,

I would like to hide the display of Personal Folders listed in the left
column when signing on to Outlook. I am using IMAP and therefore have a
different folders list below Personal Folders. I would like to save drafts
and sent emails in the section under the IMAP Folders, however, when I open
up Outlook, it puts me in the Personal Folders section and therefore saves
drafts and sent mail into this folders. Very inconvenient.

Any ideas?
From: Gordon on

"msmoore" <msmoore(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I would like to hide the display of Personal Folders listed in the left
> column when signing on to Outlook. I am using IMAP and therefore have a
> different folders list below Personal Folders. I would like to save
> drafts
> and sent emails in the section under the IMAP Folders, however, when I
> open
> up Outlook, it puts me in the Personal Folders section and therefore saves
> drafts and sent mail into this folders. Very inconvenient.
>
> Any ideas?

You can't hide the default set of Personal Folders AFAIK - for the simple
reason because that's where your Calendar and Contacts reside!
Depending on your version of Outlook you can tell Outlook to save sent
messages in a folder on your Mail server. Same with drafts AFAIK...