From: Mok-Kong Shen on

The following is an article that confirms the insecurity pointed out by
a few in this thread concerning the use of USB:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703954804575381372165249074.html?mod=WSJEUROPE_hpp_LEFTTopWhatNews

Presumably secure communications would have to be done like this:
Encrypt on a electromagnetic emanation shielded computer, print out
the ciphertext on paper. Type and send the encrypted message from
a internet cafe. On getting a reply there, print out the encrypted
message on paper. At home type in the ciphertext on the shielded
computer and decrypt to get the answer in plaintext. This would
well function as long as techniques are not available to read the
storage in one's brain in the same fashin RFID chips get read today.

M. K. Shen

From: Mok-Kong Shen on

Yet another not uninteresting article for the average user:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703940904575395073512989404.html?mod=WSJ_Tech_LEFTTopNews

M. K. Shen
From: Mok-Kong Shen on

A somewhat related link I got from elsewhere:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/09/technology/09rim.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1

M. K. Shen
From: Mok-Kong Shen on

Another somewhat related link I got from elsewhere:

http://arstechnica.com/security/news/2010/08/cars-hacked-through-wireless-tyre-sensors.ars

M. K. Shen
From: Mok-Kong Shen on

In the August issue of Scientific American there is an article
entitled "The Hacker in Your Hardware".

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=the-hacker-in-your-hardware

M. K. Shen