From: nuttynibbles on
Hi,

Is there a way to detect file opening / close.

When a file is clicked to open, before the mobile phone launch the
respective application (e.g. word doc, window media player, etc etc), my
system will need to do an operation.

Same thing for file close. When the file is completely close, do something
to the file.

I did a bit of research.

Firstly, IMessageFilter won't work because it only detect mouse event on the
form. Opening a file in \My Documents or anywhere else outside the form would
not trigger the PreFilterMessage

Secondly, Event Hook in CF does not support mouse event. It only work with
Keyboard.

I am sure there is a solution out there.
From: nuttynibbles on
is this feasible? is there a way around this??

From: Chris Tacke, MVP on
You have to write a file system filter. It has to be done in C.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

From: badzio on
On 22 Lut, 19:11, "Chris Tacke, MVP" <ctacke.at.opennetcf.dot.com>
wrote:
> You have to write a file system filter.  It has to be done in C.

Any hint, link to documentation/example? :)
From: nuttynibbles on
If it's done in C, can i integrate to c#??