From: Jamie W on
Ok, did all 8 steps of the last link - still back to rebooting itself. Did
FixMBR - same thing. At some point hit a key that sent me to a screen where
I could select "stop automatic reboot" which I selected. On next boot I got
the following blue screen:

A problem has been detected & Windows has been shut down.......
Technical Info: STOP: 0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000,
0x00000000)

I See a lot of info on the web in regards to various reasons for this error,
but none seem to apply to this situation. Any suggestions appreciated.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5256 (20100706) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Randem on
Here are some things you can try, you may need to remove your HD from yor
computer to attach to another computer as a slave drive or and external USB
drive:

1 - Test your HD for defects and fix if available use Western Digital Diag
(WinDlg -
http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=9999&sid=3&lang=en )

2 - If drive is good or repairable then backup your drive to prevent
accidental data loss (Acronis True Image -
http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119&wdc_lang=en )

3 - Try an over the top install first before a complete clean
install. That will save your programs and data if they haven't been corruped
also.

4 - If your computer is a major brand like HP or Dell and that may mean that
you
may have a recovery partition on your drive as well. If it hasn't been
corrupted also you can boot from the partition using the boot menu of the
computer to access the recovery partition and do a complete recovery to
factory defaults from there. This is also why we did the backup, you will
need to copy your data from the backup to your system when you complete the
recovery.

5 - If no recovery partition then you will need to borrow omeones XP Pro CD
so that you can create a slipstreamed copy with SP3 so that you can
re-install the OS. If you have on your Windows Product Sticker the letters
OEM you will need to borrow a CD from someone with the same brand computer
you have (not model, meaning if yours is a HP then borrow a CD from someone
who also has an HP with OEM on their sticker). This would be the only way
that you can use the procuct license numbers on the Windows sticker on yoru
computer.

This should help you get on your way to getting your computer working again.

--
The Top Inno Setup Script Generator - http://www.randem.com/innoscript.html
Free Utilities and Code - http://www.randem.com/freesoftutil.html

From: Daave on
It's probably time to cut your losses and perform a Clean Install. (Or
you could first perform a Repair Install assuming the SP levels match.)

You could also check for hardware issues, such as bad RAM. I doubt
that's your issue, though, since your problem happened immediately after
a power failure during an update.

One last thing you might want to try is reset your CMOS.

Links:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html

Jamie W wrote:
> Ok, did all 8 steps of the last link - still back to rebooting
> itself. Did FixMBR - same thing. At some point hit a key that sent
> me to a
> screen where I could select "stop automatic reboot" which I selected.
> On next
> boot I got the following blue screen:
>
> A problem has been detected & Windows has been shut down.......
> Technical Info: STOP: 0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000,
> 0x00000000)
>
> I See a lot of info on the web in regards to various reasons for this
> error, but none seem to apply to this situation. Any suggestions
> appreciated.
>
> "Daave" <daave(a)example.com> wrote in message
>> dadiOH wrote:

>>> How about...
>>>
>>> XP install CD
>>> Repair console
>>> fixmbr
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/bootcons_fixmbr.mspx?mfr=true
>>
>> Definitely worth a try. This page has a few more suggestions:
>>
>> http://tech.icrontic.com/articles/repair_windows_xp/

>> signature database 5256 (20100706) __________

>> http://www.eset.com

> signature database 5256 (20100706) __________