From: RICKY on
Previously, when I would start typing a mail recipient's name in the TO box,
it would give me options and I did not have to always retype the whole email
address. How do I turn that feature back on
From: dlw on
those names are stored in a file usually called: outlook.nk2
in this location:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"RICKY" <RICKY(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Previously, when I would start typing a mail recipient's name in the TO box,
> it would give me options and I did not have to always retype the whole email
> address. How do I turn that feature back on

Always include your Outlook version when posting. Many answers are
version-specific.

Click Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Advanced E-mail options and check the box
labeled "Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"dlw" <dlw(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> those names are stored in a file usually called: outlook.nk2
> in this location:
> C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

You answered a question the OP didn't ask. The OP didn't ask "where are the
autocompletion names store?", he asked "how do I enable the autocompletion
feature?"
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: dlw on
I never let the question get in the way of a good answer.