From: ArameFarpado on
Em Segunda, 6 de Agosto de 2007 14:06, jatrojoomla escreveu:

> it's my single PC with Windows 2K & CentOS Installed. from this PC I
> am directly connecting through my modem via LAN port Internet from
> WIN2k.
And what are the settings in win2k? post then here so we can understand what
do you have in there.
give us the ip adress in win2k, the netmask and the gateway that is been
used.

> & My ISP not given me any IP address just a user name &
> password.
wrong, i have an IP, we all got to have an ip... proabably that ip stays on
the modem.
when you are behing a gateway it is not easy to see your ip, for that goto
to www.whatismyip.com to see you internet ip.

didn't you found an adress to access you modem configuration?

> They also give me pppoe Suit to install & configure on Win2k for
> connecting internet.
only needed when you connect your modem to a usb port on the pc.

> same thing I am now trying to do with CentOS.
no, you are connecting to a lan cable with a ethernet card, ethernet cards
don't use ppp protocols. you would only need pppoe configs if you wore
connecting your modem trought usb.

you are going the wrong way, unistall everything of pppoe you have installed
and start from the beguining... forget ppp protocols, forget what you have
installed in win2k cause you have made a mess in there installing lots of
shits you don't need...
just configure your ethernet card and nothing more.

From: jatrojoomla on

> > it's my single PC with Windows 2K & CentOS Installed. from this PC I
> > am directly connecting through my modem via LAN port Internet from
> > WIN2k.
>
> And what are the settings in win2k? post then here so we can understand what
> do you have in there.
> give us the ip adress in win2k, the netmask and the gateway that is been
> used.

These are the only steps need to do when I configure Internet from
Win 2K. No IP adress needs to assign. This I had done more then 100
times from my pc on last 2 years.
1. Install Internet (Modem) & Lan (Lan Card etc...) Hardware.

2. Go to -> My NetWork Places -> Properties -> Local Area Connection -
> Properties->
Click on Install Button -> Add Protocol ...........
[from browse disk > D:\Software\BSNL\RASPPPOE] that provided by ISP.

3. Go to Start Button -> Run -> (Type) raspppoe & (Click) OK Button.

4. Go to -> My NetWork Places -> Properties -> screen open
(Double Click on) Connection through Intel(R) PRO_100 VE Network
Connection
-> User Name & Password.

> > & My ISP not given me any IP address just a user name &
> > password.
>
> wrong, i have an IP, we all got to have an ip... proabably that ip stays on
> the modem.
> when you are behing a gateway it is not easy to see your ip, for that goto
> towww.whatismyip.comto see you internet ip.
>
> didn't you found an adress to access you modem configuration?

I AGREE WE ALL HAVE IP ADDRESS. BUT MY IP ADDRESS DYNAMICALLY CHANGE
AFTER EVERY NEXT LOGIN, I AM A PHP DEVELOPER SO I DONT NEED TO GO ANY
OTHER SITE. FROM PHP SCRIPT ANY TIME I CAN GOT MY PRESENT IP ADDRESS.
FROM www.whatismyip.com I HAD CHECK ALSO SO MANY TIME WITHIN LAST
YEAR. IT'S DYNAMICALLY ASSIGNED.

OKAY I AM TRYING AGAIN!!

From: ArameFarpado on
Em Segunda, 6 de Agosto de 2007 15:45, jatrojoomla escreveu:

> I AGREE WE ALL HAVE IP ADDRESS. BUT MY IP ADDRESS DYNAMICALLY CHANGE
> AFTER EVERY NEXT LOGIN,
So? most of us have ips like that...

> I AM A PHP DEVELOPER SO I DONT NEED TO GO ANY
> OTHER SITE. FROM PHP SCRIPT ANY TIME I CAN GOT MY PRESENT IP ADDRESS.
> FROM www.whatismyip.com I HAD CHECK ALSO SO MANY TIME WITHIN LAST
> YEAR. IT'S DYNAMICALLY ASSIGNED.

> OKAY I AM TRYING AGAIN!!
yeah, keep trying to put ethernet cards working with ppp protocols, you
might get a miracle there... or just stick with your win2k that you need to
reconfigure 100 times in 2 years, cause obviosly you're too dumb to
configure a pc.

regards

From: jatrojoomla on
any way it's very poor experience to continue discussion with you. Try
to correct or rectify your communication style. It's very rude &
unsocial.