From: Jeff Strickland on

"sandy58" <aleckie68(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
On Oct 29, 5:03 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrj...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "James D. Andrews" <jamesdandr...(a)att.net> wrote in
> messagenews:4AE9172E.4010406(a)att.net...
>

> > computergal wrote:
> >> I have an very old AT&T Globalyst 375T PC from 1995. I held on to it
> >> over the years because I wanted to take the hard drive out as it
> >> contained confidential information. Well, today I finally decided to do
> >> it.
>
> >> Got the case off, disconnected the cable and the power cord from the
> >> hard
> >> drive and looked for the screws that connected the hard drive to the
> >> box
> >> containing it that was affixed to the case. And I looked and I looked.
> >> Although the hard drive had screws in it, they weren't the screws
> >> connecting the hard drive to the box. Although the drive and the box
> >> were firmly affixed to the frame, no screws were doing the job.
>
> >> Then I saw what looked like metal clips, more like wings that might be
> >> holding the box in place. So I tried to manipulate this clips/wings,
> >> pushing and pulling gently but it was firm. Then I though that the box
> >> containing the hard drive would slip out. No that didn't work.
>
> >> I never seen a hard drive affixed this way before. The computer does
> >> not
> >> have ethernet, usb capability or direct cable capability. The only way
> >> am going to be able to get the info off the hard drive is to either
> >> burn
> >> some CD's or take another computer and hook its cables up to the old
> >> computer to read the hard drive. All a pain in the butt.
>
> >> So anybody remember anything about this kind of construction and tell
> >> me
> >> how to unfasten the hard drive. I thought there was a chance somebody
> >> would know..
>
> > Can't figure out your hard drive installation problem, but to copy or
> > move
> > that information from your hard drive, I can recommend a new toy I just
> > started playing with not that long ago - provided you have another
> > computer nearby.
>
> > An IDE/SATA to USB adapter. You plug the IDE connector into your hard
> > drive, you plug the USB end into a working computer with USB, voila!
> > There's your other drive to do with as you please. You can move the
> > info,
> > reformat the drive, and so on.
>
> > You can get one on-line for about $25 or so.
>
> James, you have something horribly wrong with your settings.

The narrow sentences are his sig. :-) He's not the only one around
doing the same. :-)

<JS>
That's the horrible setting, for sure.

Now, if I could fix my settings so that I didn't have to mark my Reply to
GoogleGroups postings with <JS> and </JS>, another horrible setting in the
universe could be wiped out.

</JS>

From: Repesteeltje on
Witch operationsystem do you have on it?
Win 95 or 98 or 98SE?
Janus
"computergal" <computergal(a)idontknowwhattodo.org> schreef in bericht
>I have an very old AT&T Globalyst 375T PC from 1995. I held on to it over
>the years because I wanted to take the hard drive out as it contained
>confidential information. Well, today I finally decided to do it.
>
> Got the case off, disconnected the cable and the power cord from the hard
> drive and looked for the screws that connected the hard drive to the box
> containing it that was affixed to the case. And I looked and I looked.
> Although the hard drive had screws in it, they weren't the screws
> connecting the hard drive to the box. Although the drive and the box
> were firmly affixed to the frame, no screws were doing the job.
>
> Then I saw what looked like metal clips, more like wings that might be
> holding the box in place. So I tried to manipulate this clips/wings,
> pushing and pulling gently but it was firm. Then I though that the box
> containing the hard drive would slip out. No that didn't work.
>
> I never seen a hard drive affixed this way before. The computer does not
> have ethernet, usb capability or direct cable capability. The only way I
> am going to be able to get the info off the hard drive is to either burn
> some CD's or take another computer and hook its cables up to the old
> computer to read the hard drive. All a pain in the butt.
>
> So anybody remember anything about this kind of construction and tell me
> how to unfasten the hard drive. I thought there was a chance somebody
> would know..

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: netbook repair