From: scottsoo9 on

I have a spreadsheet from excel with numbers such as start and end date,
% complete, % funds expended, hours expended, dollars authenticated, and
dollars expended, travel costs, subcontractor costs, and amount invoiced
and amount paid but with no actual resources. I need to put this into
project.

My problem besides being relatively new to project is that I do not
know how to put that data in without supplying the actual resources in
the resource sheet. (which i do not have) I can do things such as start
and end date, and percent complete but after that it gets much more
challenging for me. Any guidance on how I would go about doing this
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Scott

--
scottsoo9
scottsoo9's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/155605.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: scottsoo9 on

I forgot to mention that I am entering tasks that have already been
completed. All my numbers are exact numbers and can not be changed. Not
really sure what to do?

From: "Steve House" sjhouse at hotmail dot on
If the tasks have already been completed, what's the point of entering them
into Project??? The software is designed to schedule FUTURE work, not
report PAST work. While it certainly does do reporting, don't get me wrong,
it is reporting the schedule as updated with actuals. The end result is
similar to what you've already got in your Excel worksheets. Since you've
already got the numbers that you would generate reports in Project to
discover, why bother running them through Project?
--
Steve House
MS Project Trainer & Consultant