From: Booli on
In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
to Internet in that group.
Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives &
Internet Access & other things.

Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
registry editing or any way to control that things
Thank you.
From: John John - MVP on
On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote:
> In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
> I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
> I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
> to Internet in that group.
> Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
> And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives&
> Internet Access& other things.
>
> Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
> registry editing or any way to control that things
> Thank you.

On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
these kind of changes to each individual machine. You can use remote
tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
reasonably efficient manner. You also need to make sure that no one on
any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
they will be able to undo anything that you do.

John
From: Booli on
On Jul 17, 7:20 pm, John John - MVP <audetw...(a)nbnot.nb.ca> wrote:
> On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote:
>
> > In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
> > I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
> > I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
> > to Internet in that group.
> > Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
> > And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives&
> > Internet Access&  other things.
>
> > Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
> > registry editing or any way to control that things
> > Thank you.
>
> On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
> these kind of changes to each individual machine.  You can use remote
> tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
> techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
> reasonably efficient manner.  You also need to make sure that no one on
> any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
> they will be able to undo anything that you do.
>
> John

Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try & hope more answers if
anyone knows abt this matter.
Regards
Booli
From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"Booli" <lasithakamalpriya(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jul 17, 7:20 pm, John John - MVP <audetw...(a)nbnot.nb.ca> wrote:
>> On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote:
>>
>> > In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub.
>> > I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN".
>> > I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access
>> > to Internet in that group.
>> > Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group.
>> > And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives&
>> > Internet Access& other things.
>>
>> > Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or
>> > registry editing or any way to control that things
>> > Thank you.
>>
>> On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
>> these kind of changes to each individual machine. You can use remote
>> tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
>> techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
>> reasonably efficient manner. You also need to make sure that no one on
>> any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
>> they will be able to undo anything that you do.
>>
>> John
>
> Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try & hope more answers if
> anyone knows abt this matter.
> Regards
> Booli

There is nothing much that can be added to John John's reply. You currently
operate in a peer-to-peer network, hence by definition there is no central
administration. With 6 PCs you should consider installing Windows Small
Business Server on your own machine. This would give a central point of
control and it would allow you to formulate policies that govern the
operation of the other machines.

From: Booli on
On Jul 17, 7:37 pm, "Pegasus [MVP]" <n...(a)microsoft.com> wrote:
> "Booli" <lasithakamalpr...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> On a peer network there is no central administration, you have to make
> >> these kind of changes to each individual machine.  You can use remote
> >> tools or push changes from one machine but you have to devise your own
> >> techniques to effect these kind of changes to all the machines in a
> >> reasonably efficient manner.  You also need to make sure that no one on
> >> any of the remote machines are members of the administrator group as
> >> they will be able to undo anything that you do.
>
> >> John
>
> > Thanks Mr.John for kind instructions.I'll try & hope more answers if
> > anyone knows abt this matter.
> > Regards
> > Booli
>
> There is nothing much that can be added to John John's reply. You currently
> operate in a peer-to-peer network, hence by definition there is no central
> administration. With 6 PCs you should consider installing Windows Small
> Business Server on your own machine. This would give a central point of
> control and it would allow you to formulate policies that govern the
> operation of the other machines.

Thanks both u John & Pegasus I can understand what u explain to me. I
got an idea like this if I'm incorrect pls rectify me.
* First I'm going to be administrator of other five pcs my own
password. I'll give other users Limited Accounts.
* Mainly I want to Block USB Mass Storage devices & Access of Internet
each computer.
* So please let me know how to do that. One person said me USB storage
can be blocked by registry editing. and I donno how to block Internet
access specific computer
Please help me. hope ur kind reply.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3