From: Sam Developer on
Hi All,

I am trying to install NDIS Intermediate Filter Driver on Windows XP,
Windows 2000 Professional.

While installing driver i get a Windows Logo Testing Message.

"The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing
to verify its compatibility with Windows xx".

Is there any way to bypass this message prompt?

Regards,
SAM

From: Sam Developer on
On Jul 27, 12:31 am, "Doron Holan [MSFT]"
<dor...(a)online.microsoft.com> wrote:
> yes, get a logo

> "Sam Developer"  wrote in message

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to install NDIS Intermediate Filter Driver on Windows XP,
> Windows 2000 Professional.
>
> While installing driver i get a Windows Logo Testing Message.
>
> "The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing
> to verify its compatibility with Windows xx".
>
> Is there any way to bypass this message prompt?
>
> Regards,
> SAM

Hi Doron,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I have another doubt about Windows logo testing.

I am trying to install my signed NDIS Intermediate Filter driver on
Windows Vista and Windows 7.
While installing, the system promts me with the message
"Windows cannot find the publisher of this driver".

Is this promt related with windows logo testing?

Regards,
SAM
From: Thomas F. Divine on
The message has to do with driver signing.

On Windows 7 you can sign the driver yourself using procedures and tools in
the WDK. This won't make all install messages go away, but the "can't find
the publisher..." message will change to something like "... is Authenticode
signed...".

After successful WHQL testing you get a signature from Microsoft. The MS
WHQL signature eliminates all warnings.

Thomas F. Divine
http://www.pcausa.com