From: Sam Developer on
Hi,

I want to install my NDIS Intermediate Filter driver without requiring
any user interaction.
For this I understand that the driver needs to be signed and windows
logo certified.

Please give me complete procedure for getting my driver Windows Logo
tested.
How many days will it take to complete the procedure after I have
submitted my driver?

If anybody could tell me about any other special things that they
might have learned from their experiences during logo testing, I'll be
very much grateful.

Thanks,
SAM
From: Tim Roberts on
Sam Developer <iamdeveloper2010(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>I want to install my NDIS Intermediate Filter driver without requiring
>any user interaction.
>For this I understand that the driver needs to be signed and windows
>logo certified.
>
>Please give me complete procedure for getting my driver Windows Logo
>tested.
>How many days will it take to complete the procedure after I have
>submitted my driver?

Only a few days, but it's going to be quite some time before you are in a
position to submit the driver.

You need to download the Windows Logo Kit and install it. That requires
two computers, one of which must be running Windows Server 2003. You then
install your filter on the second computer, and run the suite of tests that
are required for network class devices.

Then, you need to open a Winqual account. To do that, you must have a
Verisign certificate to validate that you are authorized to speak for your
company.

Then, you take the logs from your passing test run, and submit them along
with your driver package through your Winqual account. After that, and
payment of the fee ($250 per operating system family), they'll send back
your signed driver package.

You must submit both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers. Note that you submit for
Windows 7, and you get the XP signature as part of the deal.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
From: Sam Developer on
On Jul 27, 8:36 am, Tim Roberts <t...(a)probo.com> wrote:
> Sam Developer <iamdeveloper2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I want to install my NDIS Intermediate Filter driver without requiring
> >any user interaction.
> >For this I understand that the driver needs to be signed and windows
> >logo certified.
>
> >Please give me complete procedure for getting my driver Windows Logo
> >tested.
> >How many days will it take to complete the procedure after I have
> >submitted my driver?
>
> Only a few days, but it's going to be quite some time before you are in a
> position to submit the driver.
>
> You need to download the Windows Logo Kit and install it.  That requires
> two computers, one of which must be running Windows Server 2003.  You then
> install your filter on the second computer, and run the suite of tests that
> are required for network class devices.
>
> Then, you need to open a Winqual account.  To do that, you must have a
> Verisign certificate to validate that you are authorized to speak for your
> company.
>
> Then, you take the logs from your passing test run, and submit them along
> with your driver package through your Winqual account.  After that, and
> payment of the fee ($250 per operating system family), they'll send back
> your signed driver package.
>
> You must submit both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers.  Note that you submit for
> Windows 7, and you get the XP signature as part of the deal.
> --
> Tim Roberts, t...(a)probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I have some more queries related to windows logo testing?

> "$250 per operating system family"

What do you mean by family? Is that desktop family or server family
classification?

> Note that you submit for Windows 7, and you get the XP signature as part of the deal.

I want signatures for all desktop and server operating system. i.e
starting from Windows 2000 to Windows Server 2008 R2
Is that sufficient if i submitted for Windows 7?

What do you mean by driver package?
We have a setup file to install our software.
Do we need to send that setup file or only NDIS driver with its 2 INF
files?

How much time does the procedure take after submitting the logs
through winqual?
I'm asking this because I want to plan my activities accordingly.

Thanks,
SAM
From: Maxim S. Shatskih on
>What do you mean by driver package?
>We have a setup file to install our software.
>Do we need to send that setup file or only NDIS driver with its 2 INF
>files?

Since you have INF files, you rely on PnP's setup engine to install your stuff.

This means that your setup program is calling the PnP setup routines at some point, asking PnP to install you INF+SYS files.

In such a case - no, the setup program is not a part of the package.

What is the part of the package is anything referenced in the INF - DLLs or such.

--
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP

From: Tim Roberts on
Sam Developer <iamdeveloper2010(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your quick reply.
>I have some more queries related to windows logo testing?
>
>> "$250 per operating system family"
>
>What do you mean by family? Is that desktop family or server family
>classification?

This is described in the WHQL documents, which you will need to be familiar
with if you plan to move forward. A family is basically x86, x64, and ia64
for one OS release. XP is a family, Vista is a family, Server 2008 is a
family, Server 2008 R2 is a family, Windows 7 is a family. If you submit
for any other system XP is free.

So, if you want XP, Vista, and Windows 7, that would be $500.

http://winqual.microsoft.com. You need to set up a Winqual account to make
your submission. You will need a Verisign certificate to create that
account.

>I want signatures for all desktop and server operating system. i.e
>starting from Windows 2000 to Windows Server 2008 R2
>Is that sufficient if i submitted for Windows 7?

That's $1,250. Five families, and XP and 2000 come for free.

>What do you mean by driver package?
>We have a setup file to install our software.
>Do we need to send that setup file or only NDIS driver with its 2 INF
>files?

The package is your INF file, and all of the files that are mentioned in
it. You must create a CAT file that lists all of those files with their
checksums. It's the CAT file that gets signed.

>How much time does the procedure take after submitting the logs
>through winqual?

Only a few days.