From: Lohith on
I am trying to configure outlook on a laptop and I already have a backed up
..pst file. I need to use the backed-up file but don't want to download my
e-mails from the mail server again. Is there any possible way to do that?

Thanks for any help in advance.
From: DL on
And how did you back up the data file, and where is it located?
What type of mail server, pop mail? did you previously have it configured to
keep a copy on the server?

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
If you add an account to outlook, it will download all mail from the server.
If you just want to view the mail, you can open the pst in outlook without
creating an email account.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: