From: thewizz on
OK, I need help. I can't figure this out!

After having Outlook open for a little while (varies, nothing consistent) it
will stop receiving e-mail. I have tried deleting all the e-mail accounts
(4) and adding them back in. I thought that worked but again after some time
it stopped again. I have compacted my personal file hoping that might helm,
but no!

Any suggestions would be great!

OS is Win XP Pro, SP3

Thank you in advance!

--
I am not where I intended to go, but I think I am where I am supposed to be!
From: DL on
And no err msg?
What is your auto send receive interval?
And if you start outlook using the safe switch the problem is replicated?
Start>Run>Outlook.exe /safe
(note space between exe /)

From: thewizz on
DL - Thank you for responding...

1 - The error I get is:

Task 'Johns - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed
out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue
ti receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet
service provider (ISP).'

2 - 5 Min.

3 - safe mode seemed to work OK. I let it go for several hours and it did
not stop receiving. I restarted it regularly and it was back (this time it
took about an hour).

Thanks again!
John

From: DL on
If all is ok when started from safe mode then likely you have an add-in
causing issues, most likely integrated anti virus, if you have such,
uninstall the AV, reboot the PC, reinstall AV *without* the Outlook
integration.
Another cause would be any mobile phone sync tools

From: thewizz on
I disabled my AV's e-mail scanning but still have the same issue. Any other
suggestions?

Thank you for your time!