From: How to create a username and password in How to create a username and password on
I have created a database with all the functionalities in it. I am now
interested in creating a username and password to allow administrative staff
to access it.
From: Keith Wilby on
On 18 May, 14:41, How to create a username and password in <How to
create a username and password i...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have created a database with all the functionalities in it. I am now
> interested in creating a username and password to allow administrative staff
> to access it.

What version of Access are you using?

www.keithwilby.co.uk
From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 18 May 2010 06:41:01 -0700, How to create a username and password in
<How to create a username and password in(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have created a database with all the functionalities in it. I am now
>interested in creating a username and password to allow administrative staff
>to access it.

If this is a .mdb file in A2003 or earlier, you can use Workgroup Security.

Microsoft Access 2000 Security FAQ:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/207793/en-us

If it's 2007 and a .accdb file, password security is not supported. You should
split the database into a frontend and backend
(http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/splitapp.html) and just give the staff a copy
of the frontend.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]