From: zeke7 on
As a newbie mobo installer, I mistakenly downloaded and installed the
Promise Fasttrack 378 BIOS (v1.00.0.37) on my ASUS P4C800-E. I don't
have and don't plan to run a RAID array, so want to uninstall the BIOS
from the bootup process (it eats up several seconds of fruitless
searching for RAID drives every time I boot up, before giving up and
moving on to the mobo BIOS).

Any suggestions on how to uninstall this BIOS? Thanks.
From: GHalleck on

zeke7 wrote:

> As a newbie mobo installer, I mistakenly downloaded and installed the
> Promise Fasttrack 378 BIOS (v1.00.0.37) on my ASUS P4C800-E. I don't
> have and don't plan to run a RAID array, so want to uninstall the BIOS
> from the bootup process (it eats up several seconds of fruitless
> searching for RAID drives every time I boot up, before giving up and
> moving on to the mobo BIOS).
>
> Any suggestions on how to uninstall this BIOS? Thanks.

Read the manual. IIRC, it is enabled or disabled in bios setup. By
default, it is enabled. Just toggle the setting to disable. If you
have not found it in the manual and I will look up the page for you.
It's late.
From: Fred on
GHalleck wrote:
> zeke7 wrote:
>
>> As a newbie mobo installer, I mistakenly downloaded and installed the
>> Promise Fasttrack 378 BIOS (v1.00.0.37) on my ASUS P4C800-E. I don't
>> have and don't plan to run a RAID array, so want to uninstall the
>> BIOS from the bootup process (it eats up several seconds of fruitless
>> searching for RAID drives every time I boot up, before giving up and
>> moving on to the mobo BIOS).
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to uninstall this BIOS? Thanks.
>
> Read the manual. IIRC, it is enabled or disabled in bios setup. By
> default, it is enabled. Just toggle the setting to disable. If you
> have not found it in the manual and I will look up the page for you.
> It's late.

Yes it's accessed through the BIOS setup utility.
Press del on bootup to access the BIOS
Go to Advanced - Onboard Devices Configuration - Onboard Promise Controller
and set to disabled.

From: GHalleck on

Fred wrote:

> GHalleck wrote:
>
>>zeke7 wrote:
>>

>>>As a newbie mobo installer, I mistakenly downloaded and installed the
>>>Promise Fasttrack 378 BIOS (v1.00.0.37) on my ASUS P4C800-E. I don't
>>>have and don't plan to run a RAID array, so want to uninstall the
>>>BIOS from the bootup process (it eats up several seconds of fruitless
>>>searching for RAID drives every time I boot up, before giving up and
>>>moving on to the mobo BIOS).
>>>
>>>Any suggestions on how to uninstall this BIOS? Thanks.
>>
>>Read the manual. IIRC, it is enabled or disabled in bios setup. By
>>default, it is enabled. Just toggle the setting to disable. If you
>>have not found it in the manual and I will look up the page for you.
>>It's late.
>

> Yes it's accessed through the BIOS setup utility.
> Press del on bootup to access the BIOS
> Go to Advanced - Onboard Devices Configuration - Onboard Promise Controller
> and set to disabled.

Thanks for the follow-up. Long Friday of a long week. Trust that Zeke7
also got the message.
From: zeke7 on
On Nov 17, 9:58 am, GHalleck <ghall...(a)arrakian.mining.com> wrote:
> Fred wrote:
> > GHalleck wrote:

> >>Read the manual. IIRC, it is enabled or disabled in bios setup. By
> >>default, it is enabled. Just toggle the setting to disable. If you
> >>have not found it in the manual and I will look up the page for you.
> >>It's late.
>
> > Yes it's accessed through the BIOS setup utility.
> > Press del on bootup to access the BIOS
> > Go to Advanced - Onboard Devices Configuration - Onboard Promise Controller
> > and set to disabled.
>
> Thanks for the follow-up. Long Friday of a long week. Trust that Zeke7
> also got the message.

Thanks Fred for those specifics; I'd hunted through the BIOS menus but
didn't see it. I'll give that Onboard Devices setting a shot; sounds
like it should do the trick!

Pages: 1
Prev: A8N-E chipset fan
Next: Bad BIOS Flash P5B-Plus