From: Arbor on
Hi There,

I'm trying to do what George is suggesting in his 2nd bullet:

2. Or do you want the sound to always play on the server as if you were
sitting on the console?
(
there are two ways... Tell me if you need help with this one
)

I cannot succeed to do this server side.
Option 1 does not work.
I cannot instruct users to change their mstsc settings before connecting to the server. We need to keep the audio on the server because we are capturing the input .

If someone has a solution I am very interested in hearing that.

Kind regards,

Alec

George Valkov wrote:

Re: How to disable Remote Desktop's SoundRedirector?
08-Jul-07

Put it simple:
1. Do you want re disable the sound completely (to reduce network
bandwidth)?
(
[Administrative tools --> Terminal services configuration -->
Connections --> RDP-Tcp --> Client Settings]

Disable the following:
[x] Audio mapping
)

2. Or do you want the sound to always play on the server as if you were
sitting on the console?
(
there are two ways... Tell me if you need help with this one
)

"Adrian Schmitt" wrote:

On Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:51 PM
Adrian Schmitt wrote:

How to disable Remote Desktop's SoundRedirector?
Hi,

how can I disable the "sound redirector" addin on a remote desktop
server machine?

I need this as a workaround, as I am connecting from a client
(rdesktop on linux) that accidently always switches sound redirection
on. But I need the sound to stay on the remote machine.

I can see some registry path here, I thought sound redirection could
somehow be switched off?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server
\AddIns\Sound Redirector]

I would just like the sound to stay on the server, so that the remote
sound devices of the server machine are connected the same as they are
when somoeone logs in there on a "real" terminal.

Thank you for any advice
Adrian

On Thursday, July 05, 2007 9:40 PM
Jeff Pitsch wrote:

You can disable sound completely from the TS Config snap-in.
You can disable sound completely from the TS Config snap-in.

Jeff Pitsch
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
Citrix Technology Professional
Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

Adrian Schmitt wrote:

On Sunday, July 08, 2007 5:50 AM
George Valkov wrote:

Re: How to disable Remote Desktop's SoundRedirector?
Put it simple:
1. Do you want re disable the sound completely (to reduce network
bandwidth)?
(
[Administrative tools --> Terminal services configuration -->
Connections --> RDP-Tcp --> Client Settings]

Disable the following:
[x] Audio mapping
)

2. Or do you want the sound to always play on the server as if you were
sitting on the console?
(
there are two ways... Tell me if you need help with this one
)

Server Side Processing in ADO.NET/WCF Data Services
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/db179aed-47fa-4f86-a4bf-4f6f92a76585/server-side-processing-in.aspx
From: Shagun Sharma Tamta [MSFT] on
I could not understand "I cannot succeed to do this server side.
> Option 1 does not work. ". Can you just state all the steps you are
> following to disable it as with the given steps in #1 it should have
> worked.
That is the other option if you do not want to do changes on the client
side.

Thanks,
Shagun