From: Martins on
Under XP (prof) we click some network machine and are asked about
username and password. We give it in and we are logged in.

In 'server' machine (also XP prof) we can see under sessions in
computer management that the client user is logged in.

Two questions:

1 - In the client machine, if we do not map a network resource to a
drive letter (in this case it seems easyer to disconnect), how do we
disconnect such as we have to feed in username and password again?

2 - In the server machine, how do we force disconnect the client
machine so that username and password is entered again (providing
'remember password' was not selected)?

Looks like all thing is done to make connection easier but not
disconnection.

Thanks
Martins

From: Raoul Watson on
Martins wrote:
> Under XP (prof) we click some network machine and are asked about
> username and password. We give it in and we are logged in.
>
> In 'server' machine (also XP prof) we can see under sessions in
> computer management that the client user is logged in.
>

> Two questions:
>
> 1 - In the client machine, if we do not map a network resource to a
> drive letter (in this case it seems easyer to disconnect), how do we
> disconnect such as we have to feed in username and password again?
>
> 2 - In the server machine, how do we force disconnect the client
> machine so that username and password is entered again (providing
> 'remember password' was not selected)?
>
> Looks like all thing is done to make connection easier but not
> disconnection.
>
> Thanks
> Martins

Perhaps you can give me a scenario as to what exactly you are trying to
accomplish. If you have created a local account on the server PC for
this user, once the user is authenticated, disconnecting him simply
signal to the client that the connection is lost and it immediately will
try to re-establish the connection --using the same authentication
unless the user specifically selected "log off"