From: Richard Owlett on
Basically I wish to plot a path thru 3d space.
I've been looking at Plotchart ( create3DPlot and $plot3d plotdata )
with no luck.

Please point me in right direction. Examples appreciated. Thanks.
From: Michael Schlenker on
Richard Owlett schrieb:
> Basically I wish to plot a path thru 3d space.
> I've been looking at Plotchart ( create3DPlot and $plot3d plotdata )
> with no luck.
>
> Please point me in right direction. Examples appreciated. Thanks.
Plot a path through 3D space sounds like you want something like one of
the OpenGL extensions (e.g. http://www.tcl3d.org).

If its more a thing like GIS pathes you might look at something like
GRASS, which has a Tk based GUI.

Michael
From: Arjen Markus on
On 18 jul, 22:32, Richard Owlett <rowl...(a)atlascomm.net> wrote:
> Basically I wish to plot a path thru 3d space.
> I've been looking at Plotchart ( create3DPlot and $plot3d plotdata )
> with no luck.
>
> Please point me in right direction. Examples appreciated. Thanks.

Hm, it should not be too difficult to extend Plotchart
with such a facility, but that would come after my holidays :).

Drop me a note if you are interested in that.

Regards,

Arjen

From: Richard Owlett on
Michael Schlenker wrote:
> Richard Owlett schrieb:
>
>>Basically I wish to plot a path thru 3d space.
>>I've been looking at Plotchart ( create3DPlot and $plot3d plotdata )
>>with no luck.
>>
>>Please point me in right direction. Examples appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Plot a path through 3D space sounds like you want something like one of
> the OpenGL extensions (e.g. http://www.tcl3d.org).

Thank you for the link. I've only had a chance to look at the opengl
samples -- I've heard of it before. Typical of the problems I run into,
it seems to be simultaneously too much _AND_ too little. Their audience
is heavily orientated towards rendering 3D solids (with *IMPRESSIVE*
results). But I want at most *A* 3 dimensional line. I have also been
mulling the idea of a 3D scatter plot.

In another thread, someone was referred to Tkzinc. That appears to have
the same difficulty from my perspective.

I may revert to using Scilab for my plotting. Originally I was refferred
to TclTk to simplify data gathering. It turned out it could handle my
minimal data reduction chores. If I could master Plotchart, all could be
done in TclTk.

> If its more a thing like GIS pathes you might look at something like
> GRASS, which has a Tk based GUI.

No, that's not related to my interests.
From: Richard Owlett on
Arjen Markus wrote:

> On 18 jul, 22:32, Richard Owlett <rowl...(a)atlascomm.net> wrote:
>
>>Basically I wish to plot a path thru 3d space.
>>I've been looking at Plotchart ( create3DPlot and $plot3d plotdata )
>>with no luck.
>>
>>Please point me in right direction. Examples appreciated. Thanks.
>

> Hm, it should not be too difficult to extend Plotchart
> with such a facility, but that would come after my holidays :).
>
> Drop me a note if you are interested in that.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arjen

Thank you. It was your page, http://wiki.tcl.tk/18167 , which was
tantalizing me ;) I'm newbie enough to not know how to follow up on
"They are all part of the CVS repository, so for the most recent
versions, I will refer you to the Tklib project."

I'm looking for the 3D equivalent of createXYPlot and related commands.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Need help on tablelist
Next: TCL exec