From: tcltkdev on
How do I determined the total number of rows in a tablelist?

From: Bryan Oakley on
tcltkdev(a)aol.com wrote:
> How do I determined the total number of rows in a tablelist?

According to the tablelist man page:

"pathName index index
Returns the integer row index value that corresponds to index. If
index is end then the return value is the number of items in the
tablelist (not the index of the last item)."

From: Joachim Moskalewski on
Bryan Oakley <oakley(a)bardo.clearlight.com> schrieb:

> tcltkdev(a)aol.com wrote:
> > How do I determined the total number of rows in a tablelist?
[ ... ]
> "pathName index index
> Returns the integer row index value that corresponds to index. If
> index is end then the return value is the number of items in the
> tablelist (not the index of the last item)."

Another way ist to use [ pathName size ].

Ciao,
:) Jo
From: tcltkdev on
Once again, thank you very much.

From: tcltkdev on
1. How do I programatically change a value of a column in a tablelist?

Example:

ID No. Last Name First Name
1234 Smith John
> 0070 Bond James <-- current row
7890 Bauer Jack

How do I change one of the following values?
ID No. = 0070
Last Name = Bond
First Name = "James" to "James Ryan"

2. How to use wcb in tablelist so that "Last Name", "First Name"
columns will be entered in all caps?

Example:

ID No. Last Name First Name
1234 SMITH JOHN
0070 BOND JAMES RYAN
7890 BAUER JACK

Kindly give an example how this is done.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: tclx on opensuse
Next: How to do 3d line plots