From: Loren Pechtel on
On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 09:01:57 -0500, "vanderghast" <vanderghast(a)com>
wrote:

>I can see fine alternated lines on both on both 1280x1024 on a old Dell
>monitor, and 1920x1200 on a little newer Samsung SyncMaster. BUT if I change
>the SyncMaster to 1280 x 1024, then I obtain ugly thick horizontal dark bars
>alternating with fine light ones BECAUSE 1280x1024 IS NOT a recommended
>resolution for it. Nothing to do with C#, DotNet, the driver, the video
>card. In fact, capturing the screen in 1280x1024, saving the file, changing
>back the resolution to the recommended one by Samsung for that monitor, and
>then displaying the captured bitmap in that new resolution... it shows ok,
>the ugly pattern has disappear! Or sliding the image from the Samsung at
>1280x1024 onto the Dell also at 1280x1024 (which is the recommended one for
>that particular Dell), and the image is drawn as intended!
>
>So my recommendation, try to set the resolution to the recommended one by
>the MONITOR maker, and if you have lost the doc, try different resolutions
>and keep the one which look best. No code involved.

My monitors are at their native resolution.
From: vanderghast on
Try to change the resolution then.

Or use a texture brush.

Included, for those who would have a hard time to see what it is all about,
photos (from a digital camera) giving an idea of what happen with a
non-native
resolution. I need to capture the result with a camera, since a standard
'screen capture' captures what is in the video card, NOT what is rendered on
the monitor. The optical zoom of the camera I used was at about 100 mm of
the monitor, macro capture, no flash (Canon SD 790 IS).

Vanderghast, Access MVP

(...)

From: vanderghast on
Last note, the include pictures have been compressed to be acceptable in a
ng message, and are not as 'evident' as the real pictures, but while the
real pictures clearly show the space between the actual point of colors (and
are more uniform in the patterns), they are far too large to be included
here (around 4Meg each).

Vanderghast, Access MVP

From: Peter Duniho on
Loren Pechtel wrote:
>> [...] With a concise-but-complete code example, we could at
>> least examine how you're using .NET and see whether there's anything
>> there that would cause the problem. [...]
>
> I posted a very simple version albeit only describing how to make the
> form. It misbehaved. [...]

You may find these links useful:
http://www.yoda.arachsys.com/csharp/complete.html
http://www.yoda.arachsys.com/csharp/incomplete.html
http://sscce.org/

In other words: you have yet to post a proper, useful
concise-but-complete code example.
From: Loren Pechtel on
On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 14:02:53 -0500, "vanderghast" <vanderghast(a)com>
wrote:

>Try to change the resolution then.

It's native and when I save the image and load it with the Windows
picture viewer it works. Thus it's not the monitor but something
that's happening between the bitmap and the screen.

>Or use a texture brush.

What good would that do? (Not that it would work anyway--the stripes
aren't always the same length as each other.)
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: URGENT
Next: DataRow InsertAt Database