From: Loren Pechtel on
On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:36:27 -0500, "vanderghast" <vanderghast(a)com>
wrote:

>As you said, it is between the bitmap, which is ok, and the screen. That
>betweeness includes the video card and the monitor driver. If you captured
>the image, you read what is in the video card (I assume the monitor memory
>is write only in most cases), and it seems to prove that the image is ok
>there too. So even if you are in native resolution, maybe you use generic
>driver for the monitor, rather than the manufacturer one? Furthermore, as
>proven by the image I posted (which was captured by an external camera),
>your code ***works*** fine. Can you try on another PC?

But when I save the bitmap and load it with another program *ON THE
SAME MONITOR* it works.

Thus the system is messing with it (probably scaling it on the x-axis)
somewhere between the bitmap and the screen.

I have a panel on the form, in the panel a picturebox and the image is
put in the picturebox. This is because there is a minimum size the
image must be in order to convey needed information, if I have more
space available than that I try to fill it with optional information
rather than let it go to waste.

>A texture can repeats itself (wrap mode) to fill variable size area, rather
>than being limited to enlarge its original 'pixels' to fit the area, and
>will even fill convex area with matching the pattern (example, painting a
>T, the texture in the steam is aligned with the texture in the flanges,
>automatically... if you use the same brush to paint). See "Pro .Net 2.0
>Graphics Programming", by Eric White, at Apress, pp49+

I'll have a look, although all the texture work is done so I probably
won't touch it.
From: Peter Duniho on
Loren Pechtel wrote:
> But when I save the bitmap and load it with another program *ON THE
> SAME MONITOR* it works.
>
> Thus the system is messing with it (probably scaling it on the x-axis)
> somewhere between the bitmap and the screen. [...]

Sure. And that could be somewhere in your program, or somewhere later
down the line.

Until you post a concise-but-complete code example that reliably
reproduces the problem, there's no way anyone here can tell you for sure
whether it's your program that has a bug, or some configuration issue
external to your own code.

Pete
From: Random on
On Nov 6, 12:31 pm, Loren Pechtel <lorenpech...(a)hotmail.invalid.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 21:43:11 -0800 (PST), Random
> >The csharp compilier takes source files.  Unless you've got a specific
> >binary resource file (i.e., images), there's no reason you can't open
> >the source files and post them here.  After workign through the
> >excersize of removing any excess code, of course.
>
> I see nothing in the source file that reflects any properties I set in
> the form designer.

Which source file? There are two for any form created in visual
studio. One (the .Designer.cs) should be pretty much nothing but
properties you set in the form designer.
From: Loren Pechtel on
On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:06:21 -0800 (PST), Random
<random.coder(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Nov 6, 12:31�pm, Loren Pechtel <lorenpech...(a)hotmail.invalid.com>
>wrote:
>> On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 21:43:11 -0800 (PST), Random
>> >The csharp compilier takes source files. �Unless you've got a specific
>> >binary resource file (i.e., images), there's no reason you can't open
>> >the source files and post them here. �After workign through the
>> >excersize of removing any excess code, of course.
>>
>> I see nothing in the source file that reflects any properties I set in
>> the form designer.
>
>Which source file? There are two for any form created in visual
>studio. One (the .Designer.cs) should be pretty much nothing but
>properties you set in the form designer.

Yeah--but without it how is it going to work?
From: Peter Duniho on
Loren Pechtel wrote:
>> Which source file? There are two for any form created in visual
>> studio. One (the .Designer.cs) should be pretty much nothing but
>> properties you set in the form designer.
>
> Yeah--but without it how is it going to work?

One more time: just look at the code example I posted for an example of
"how it is going to work".

You just need to put all the relevant stuff into a single file. It's as
simple as that.

Pete
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8