From: K on
I have an application lunch exe file. Is there way that I can find
out that in which Visual Basic version this application been designed
or made. I have found few sultions from internet but they only give
the application version instead of the version of Visual basic in
which this application been designed. Please can any friend can help
From: Armin Zingler on
Am 04.06.2010 09:31, schrieb K:
> I have an application lunch exe file.

How did it taste?

--
Armin
From: Andrew Morton on
K wrote:
> I have an application lunch exe file. Is there way that I can find
> out that in which Visual Basic version this application been designed
> or made.

You can open it in a text editor and find the highest version number in it.
(It'll be obvious what I mean if you try it.)

--
Andrew

From: Martin H. on
Hello K,

you could use Dependency Walker and see what file it loads.
If it is a classic VB exe it will load a version specific runtime dll.
About VB.NET exe's I am not sure, but it should also load version
specific framework files. However as all higher versions of the .NET
framework contain the lower versions it may not be a 100% safe
information. You might try installing the previous framework versions
(1.0/1.1) before running the test.

Best regards,

Martin
From: Phill W. on
On 04/06/2010 08:31, K wrote:
> I have an application lunch exe file. Is there way that I can find
> out that in which Visual Basic version this application been designed
> or made.

I don't think you can.
At best you could get the Framework version that it was built against
but with VS'2008 and later even that's not definitive (both of these can
generate applications that target Fx2.0 and up).

Even if you could find out, what would you do with this information?

Regards,
Phill W.