From: Harry Strybos on
Hi All

Sad to see this group fold up. After considerable pain I managed to get the
NNTP Bridge work....

What is the equivalent of this group. Currently I can see
Msdn.en-US.vbgeneral and Msdn.en-US.vblanguage

Is this where I should be looking?

Thanks

From: Andrew Morton on
Harry Strybos wrote:
> Sad to see this group fold up. After considerable pain I managed to
> get the NNTP Bridge work....
>
> What is the equivalent of this group. Currently I can see
> Msdn.en-US.vbgeneral and Msdn.en-US.vblanguage
>
> Is this where I should be looking?

vbgeneral would be mostly it, with a bit of vblanguage too. I tend to use
the NNTP bridge through OE to see what's new and then the forum if I want to
reply to something. The forum isn't really /that/ bad when you get used to
it; if you try it you may want to change the setting to indent replies.
Still not as efficient as a newsgroup though.

--
Andrew

From: mp on
are you aware of news.eternal-september.org ?
this ng and others are still available, just not on MS servers for long

From: Andy B. on
Are all of the Microsoft newsgroups closing? If so when and where do you get
replacements for them?

From: Armin Zingler on

http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message.asp?p=2912&ID=%3CetcABoo%24KHA.5476%40TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl%3E

--