From: Dave Jenkins on
Hi Steve:

Nope - no image in the Slide Master. AT any rate, I just want to find
what's triggering the popup. I could write a little code to find the
offedning pictures, if I just knew what to look for.

I already have a routine that looks for linked OLE objects - there are
none.

I *do* see that many of the pictures in the slides are *embedded* objects -
could that cause the popup? I must confess ignorance to the subtleties of
linked vs. embedded, but once an object is embedded, it's part of the deck,
is it not, and hence there is no longer any need to be warned, is there? Or
is there?

Maybe I neeed to find the embedded images, delete them, and then see if the
popup comes back?

--
Dave Jenkins
K5KX

From: Dave Jenkins on
Hi Glenn:

Thanks for the advice. However, my problem is I don't know what images are
cuasing the popup to occur. This deck is *loaded* with pictures, graphic
images, etc. What I really want to know is how to find the popup-triggering
objects.

I don't mind writing some code to do so, but I'm at a loss as to what to
look for. I can eliminate hyperlinks as a source, since I already have code
that identifies such links.

Any further advice?

--
Dave Jenkins
K5KX

From: Steve Rindsberg on

> I *do* see that many of the pictures in the slides are *embedded* objects -
> could that cause the popup? I must confess ignorance to the subtleties of
> linked vs. embedded, but once an object is embedded, it's part of the deck,
> is it not, and hence there is no longer any need to be warned, is there? Or
> is there?
>
> Maybe I neeed to find the embedded images, delete them, and then see if the
> popup comes back?

I'd try that.

Because:

PowerPoint connects to the internet unexpectedly
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00613.htm

Unfortunately, this one's not reliably reproducible.

Does the error msg give you any hint as to where PPT thinks this "DANGEROUS"
image or whatever lives or what its name is? You could try opening the
presentation in 2003 then using the Script Editor to search for any known info
about it.

==============================

From: Dave Jenkins on

"Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

> > But as a final note, I think it's unconscionable that MS would put up an
> > alert popup such as that without identifying the cuasative slide(s), shape(s)
> > and their links. JMHO.
>
> Yours. Mine. Ours.
>
> Tie the idiot that wrote this error message to the "File not found" author, add
> weights, marinate well in about 2 fathoms of ocean ... the world could be a
> better place. Stop them before they code again.

Try not to hold back so much, Steve ...

Dave
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <94337E27-5EAF-4973-9019-79C09264AA8D(a)microsoft.com>, Dave Jenkins wrote:
> "Steve Rindsberg" wrote:
>

> > > But as a final note, I think it's unconscionable that MS would put up an
> > > alert popup such as that without identifying the cuasative slide(s), shape(s)
> > > and their links. JMHO.
> >
> > Yours. Mine. Ours.
> >
> > Tie the idiot that wrote this error message to the "File not found" author, add
> > weights, marinate well in about 2 fathoms of ocean ... the world could be a
> > better place. Stop them before they code again.
>
> Try not to hold back so much, Steve ...

See, these messages remind me of my brother when he was little. He'd sit there at
the dinner table and just start to scream. He was able to talk by then, a little,
but wouldn't. And he wouldn't POINT at what he wanted or even bother to reach for
it. Just screamed. Dinnertime was hell.

I used up all my holding back then. He lived. Miracles DO happen, ya see?