From: Peter Mac Peter on
I've loaded Office Enterprise 2007 and now every time I open Powerpoint I get
the message "Powerpoint couldn't load the addin C:\Programme File\Microsoft
Office\Office\aware97.ppa". Powerpoint (2007) seems to work ok but it's
really annoying to get this warning each time. I've tried adding addins, but
there aren't any to select from. Any help?
From: Pia Bork on
Hi Peter,

Peter Mac wrote:
> I've loaded Office Enterprise 2007 and now every time I open
> Powerpoint I get the message "Powerpoint couldn't load the addin
> C:\Programme File\Microsoft Office\Office\aware97.ppa". (...)

where does this Addin come from? It looks as if this Addin was written for
Office 97 (because of the name ...97.ppa). Maybe there is a newer ppa
available. I guess that Powerpoint 2007 can not cope with an Addin for
Office 97.

If you do not this Addin any longer you can go the folder and move the
ppa-file to another location.

--
Mit vielen Gr��en
Pia Bork

MVP PowerPoint
http://www.ppt-faq.de

From: Shyam Pillai on
Peter,
PPT 2007 seems to have migrated your existing entries in the registry for
add-ins from older PPT versions. Check in the registry in the following
locations for entry corresponding to aware97.ppa and delete them.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\AddIns
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\AddIns

Regards,
Shyam Pillai

Image Importer Wizard: http://skp.mvps.org/iiw.htm

From: Peter Mac on
Shyam - many thankd for your suggestion, but there aren't any addins listed
in either folders! P

From: Steve Rindsberg on
Try searching the registry for

aware97.ppa

Let us know what you find and where.

In article <85DA367B-C39D-4C99-BA65-B70EB775818A(a)microsoft.com>, Peter Mac
wrote:
> Shyam - many thankd for your suggestion, but there aren't any addins listed
> in either folders! P
>
> "Shyam Pillai" wrote:
>
> > Peter,
> > PPT 2007 seems to have migrated your existing entries in the registry for
> > add-ins from older PPT versions. Check in the registry in the following
> > locations for entry corresponding to aware97.ppa and delete them.
> >
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\AddIns
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\AddIns
> >
> > Regards,
> > Shyam Pillai
> >
> > Image Importer Wizard: http://skp.mvps.org/iiw.htm
> >

> > "Peter Mac" <Peter Mac(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I've loaded Office Enterprise 2007 and now every time I open Powerpoint I
> > > get
> > > the message "Powerpoint couldn't load the addin C:\Programme
> > > File\Microsoft
> > > Office\Office\aware97.ppa". Powerpoint (2007) seems to work ok but it's
> > > really annoying to get this warning each time. I've tried adding addins,
> > > but
> > > there aren't any to select from. Any help?

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/